The pre-Hispanic city of Chichen Itza was the most prominent capital of the Mayan area at the end of the Classic period and the beginning of the Postclassic period.
Chichén Itzá Wonder of the World Drop Off Cancun
- Adult Ages 3+
- Infant Ages 0-2
An ancient city with a view of the future
An ancient city that is present today and has its sights set on the future. This new experience has been designed to provide a contemporary vision, in line with the technological advances of our age, that allows them to revive the splendor of an ancestral, mystical and living culture.
Leave your hotel early in Merida and start the trip to Chichen Itza in a comfortable and heated minivan. You will visit a certified guide, stroll through the ancient capital of the Mayan empire and discover the most significant mysteries of this archaeological site. Start your tour in the Great Square, hailed as the social and spiritual heart of the city. Continue to the pyramid of Kukulcán and look up at the iconic structure; marvel at the perfect symmetry of the pyramid.
Venture inside to check out Chac Mool’s exceptional pre-Columbian sculpture. Next, see also the Sacred Cenote of Sacrifice, from which human skeletons and shiny jewels were excavated. Then follow your guide to an ancient collection of buildings built during the classical period; See the Temple of Warriors and the House of Mysterious Writings as your guide provides captivating explanations. Explore the site independently until you go out to go to a restaurant with typical food, indelight with a delicious buffet of local dishes and specialty recipes, while local artists dance to the rhythm of traditional folk music (after that, if the whole group agrees, you can visit a sinkhole). very close, you can cool off with its crystal clear waters), to conclude this tour by getting on the bus to continue to Cancun (leave at the bus station).
Your unforgettable moments in the Mayan world.
- 9:00 hrs: Departure from your hotel in Merida.
- 11:30 hrs: Arrival at the archaeological site, the guide will buy tickets for all groups (not included).
- Visit for 2 hours with free time.
- Visit with a specialized bilingual guide.
- Visit the cenote Ik’kil (only if the entire group agrees, and depends on the bus departure time to continue to Cancun, will be another means of transport).
- Buffet lunch with typical food, (drinks at an additional cost).
- Access to bathrooms and dressing rooms in the cenote facilities.
- Transportation from your hotel.
- After that, you will get on board the bus to continue to Cancun.
- 19:00 hrs: Arrival to Cancun bus station approximately.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Infant meals not included.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Take comfortable clothes.
- Buffet lunch.
- Driver / Bilingual Certified Guide (English – Spanish).
- Hotel pickup in Mérida and drop-off to Cancun.
- Ticket bus to continue to Cancun.
- Entrance fees.
Departure at 8:00 hrs approximately from your hotel. Please wait in the lobby 10 minutes before that the hour of pick up indicated. The guide will call you by your first and last name upon arrival at the hotel lobby, he will ask you to show the coupon, he will reconfirm the destination to visit and includes of the tour.