The pre-Hispanic city of Chichen Itza was the most prominent capital of the Mayan area at the end of the Classic period and the beginning of the Postclassic period.
Chichén Itzá Wonder of the World Drop off Tulum – Playa del Carmen
- Adult Ages 3+
One of the best-known images of Mayan culture
Depart early from your Merida hotel and commence the journey to Chichen Itza in a comfortable and air-conditioned minivan. You will visit with a certificated guide, walking the ancient capital of the Mayan empire and discover the mysteries most significant in this archeological site. Begin your tour in Great Plaza, hailed as the social and spiritual heart of the city. Continue to the Pyramid of Kukulcan and gaze upward at the iconic structure; marvel at the pyramid’s perfect symmetry. Venture within to lay eyes on the exceptional pre-Colombian Chac Mool sculpture. Next, See, too, the sacrificial Sacred Cenote, from which human skeletons and glittering jewelry were excavated. Next, follow your guide to an ancient collection of buildings constructed during the classical period; see the Temple of Warriors and the House of Mysterious Writings as your guide provides enrapturing explanations. Explore the site independently until you depart to go restaurant with typical food, Feast upon a delicious buffet of local dishes and special recipes, watching local performers dance to traditional folkloric music, (After that if the complete group agrees you can visit a sinkhole that is very close, you can cool off with its crystal clear waters), to conclude this tour boarding the bus to continue to Riviera Maya (Drop off in bus station).
- 9:00 hrs: Departure from your hotel in Merida.
- 11:30 hrs: Arrival at the archaeological site, the guide will buy tickets for all groups (not included).
- Visit for 2 hours with free time.
- Visit with a specialized bilingual guide.
- Visit the cenote Ik’kil (only if the entire group agrees, and depends on the bus departure time to continue to Cancun, will be another means of transport).
- Buffet lunch with typical food, (drinks at an additional cost).
- Access to bathrooms and dressing rooms in the cenote facilities.
- Transportation from your hotel.
- After that, you will board the bus to continue to Playa del Carmen or Tulum.
- 19:00 hrs: Arrival in Playa del Carmen or Tulum.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Infant meals not included.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Take comfortable clothes.
- Buffet lunch.
- Driver / Bilingual Certified Guide (English – Spanish).
- Hotel pickup and drop-off to Tulum or Playa del Carmen.
- Ticket bus to continue to Tulum o Playa del Carmen.
- Entrance fees.
Departure at 9:00 hrs at your hotel. Please wait in the lobby 10 minutes before that the hour of pick up indicated. The guide will call you by your first and last name upon arrival at the hotel lobby, he will ask you to show the coupon, he will reconfirm the destination to visit and includes of the tour.