This new experience has been designed to provide a contemporary vision, in line with the technological advances of our age, that allows them to revive the splendor of an ancestral, mystical and living culture.
- most popular
Chichén Itzá: Wonder of the World
- Adult Ages 3+
- Infant Ages 0-2
UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1988
The pre-Hispanic city of Chichen Itza was the most prominent capital of the Mayan area, at the end of the Classic period and the beginnings of the Postclassic period. Upon the arrival of the Spaniards, it was constituted as the most revered center of worship and pilgrimage in the Yucatan Peninsula. Today, it is a Sacred Center for the Maya. The archaeological site is cultural heritage of Mexico, and due to its importance was recognized internationally, when it was declared and inscribed on the list of World Heritage by UNESCO, in 1988.
The archaeological site of Chichen Itza is a source of invaluable data for knowledge of the pre-Hispanic past. Due to its beauty and uniqueness, it is a cultural reference for all Mexicans and, to a large extent, a symbol of indigenous and national identity. Today, it is also a tourist destination for more than a million people who visit it every year. The most prominent building of the metropolis is the Pyramid of Kukulcán, which has become an emblem of Mayan culture worldwide.
- 08:00 hrs: Departure from your hotel in Merida.
- 10:30 hrs: Arrival at the archaeological site (entrance not included).
- We’ll enjoy 2 hours of free time to explore here with our expert bilingual guide.
- If we have time, we will visit the Cenote Ik’kil. There’ll be time for nothing in the cenote.
- Enjoy a buffet lunch with local food (drinks not included).
- 17:00 hrs. Arrival in Merida.
This itinerary is approximate.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Baby meals not included.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wear comfortable clothes, bathing suit and towel.
- Certified Bilingual Driver/Guide (English – Spanish).
- Lunch buffet.
- Pick up and drop off and back to the hotel.
- Alcoholic drinks.
Departure at approximately 8 am from your hotel. Please wait in the lobby 10 minutes before the indicated pick-up time. The guide will call you by first and last name when you arrive at the hotel lobby, ask you to show the coupon, reconfirm the destination to visit and include them from the tour.