Tour to Chichen Itza, one of the 7 New Wonders of the Modern World, former capital of the Mayan Empire and the most important archaeological area of Mexico.
Discover Izamal: The Yellow City
- Adult Ages 3+
- Infant Ages 0-2
Visit the city of three cultures
In this city, called the city of three cultures, vestiges of pre-Hispanic past, colonial times and contemporary life are combined. Among its attractions are five pyramids, the most important Kinich Kakmo. Visit the Ex-Convent of San Antonio de Padua, another of the main sites of interest, built with the stones of a Mayan construction in which it is located. Stroll through its streets and admire its yellow-painted buildings. In addition, stroll through its cobbled streets by buggy, a horse-drawn carriage.
This colonial city is known as “the city of three cultures”, because it combines characteristics of its pre-Hispanic past, the colonial period and the current era. It is located 1 hour from Merida and many tour operators include it on their route to Chichen Itza.
Its name is due to Zamna, “dew of heaven”, a character of singular wisdom and mythical origin considered an instructor and teacher of the Maya.
Izamal is a beautiful colonial city founded in the middle of the sixteenth century on the remains of an ancient Mayan city; Its most important construction, the Conventual Assembly of Our Lady of Izamal, was built on the ruins of a Mayan shrine called Pap-hol-chac.
- 9:00 hrs: departure from your hotel.
- 10:40 hrs: Arrive in Izamal, where your specialized bilingual guide will guide you through this colorful and fascinating city.
- Our guide will explain a little more about the city, its history and culture.
- We’ll have lunch at a local restaurant (on our own).
- 16:00 hrs: Return to your hotel.
This itinerary is approximate.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Certified Bilingual Driver/Guide (English – Spanish).
- Pick up and drop off and back to the hotel.
- Meals and drinks.
Departure at 09:00 hrs. about from your hotel. Please wait in the lobby 10 minutes before the indicated pick-up time. The guide will call you by first and last name when you arrive at the hotel lobby, ask you to show the coupon, reconfirm the destination to visit and include them from the tour.