Rio Lagartos & Las Coloradas from Merida
- Adult Ages 3 & Older
Biosphere Reserve of UNESCO Site Since 2004
- Guia / Conductor Bilingüe Profesional Certificado (Ingles – Español).
- Recogida y regreso a hotel en Mérida.
- Paseo en Lancha.
- Tickets to the Archaeological Zone.
- Tickets to the cenote.
- Tips (Optional).
Hotel pickup instructions
The departure of the tour is scheduled for 8:00 hrs from your hotel. Please wait in the lobby of the hotel registered in your reservation 10 minutes before. When the transportation arrives, the guide will call you by name, reconfirm the destination and its includes. Please present the electronic or printed coupon to speed up the collection. (The pick up time is approximate depending on the hotels on the route and number of passengers)
08:00 hrs: Pick up at the hotel and departure from Mérida, depending on the area of your hotel (or pick up point if there is no coverage).
11:00 hrs: Arrival at the Celestún estuary, where we will tour with our local guide and he will explain the characteristics of the site, its flora and fauna and answer all our questions.
11:30 hrs: Boat ride on the estuary. Exfoliating bath and visit to the border with Las Coloradas.
14:00 hrs: After discovering the best corners of this protected natural area, our guide will suggest eating in one of the several restaurants that this fishing port has (food not included).
15:30 hrs: Depart for Merida.
16:00 hrs: Arrival in Mérida and return to the hotel.
This itinerary is approximate
- Confirmation is received immediately upon booking.
- Children under 2 years old are considered infants and do not pay.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing, sunglasses, sunscreen, a bathing suit and a towel.
- The itinerary is approximate (It can change due to situations beyond our reach).
Observations and suggestions
Bring bottles of water, antibacterial gel (70% alcohol), comfortable clothes and shoes, sunscreen and insect repellent, both biodegradable, disinfectant wipes, sunglasses, hat, swimsuit and towel.
Does not include drinks, tips or extra expenses of the traveler.
- Pregnant and lactating women are not allowed.
- People with heart conditions.
- People with some impediment to move long distances.
- People with recent operations or hearing problems.
Connect with mother nature on this tour as we enter its veins of mangrove trees of different types, all aboard a small fishing boat, which will allow us to enjoy the sighting of various species of birds, such as flamingos, herons, frigatebirds. , pelicans and many more, as well as areas of pink seawater.
In addition, we will have the opportunity to take an exfoliating white clay bath, just as the ancient Mayans from coastal areas did to cleanse their skin. After
our boat ride, our guide will recommend some restaurants in the port to taste the delicious seafood prepared by local people and
At the end of the meal we will start the trip back to Mérida.