Just 21 km southeast of the city of Merida, is the majestic village of Acanceh, one of those extraordinary places where the former and the post-conquest intermingle are intermingled.
Amazing Yucatán Mayan Towns
- Adult (Ages 3+)
- Infant (Ages 0-2)
Inhabited during the classic Mayan period 600-1000 AD
The original location founded in this area was named Nohcacab and was inhabited during the Classic Maya period (600-1000 A.C.). At the conquest an encomienda, that is a tribute-paying small community with an ethnically mixed population which included Spanish people, criollos, mestizos and mulattos, was established.
The city of Ticul which is the municipal seat had a population of 21,147, the ninth-largest community in the state in population. The majority are ethnically Maya. Its largest other towns are Pustunich and Yotholín. The city of Ticul was also a town of the Pre-Columbian Maya civilization. Ticul was established as a Spanish colonial town by 1549. The Republic of Yucatán granted Ticul the status of a city in 1847. The Iglesia De Muna church dates to the 16th century. Muna’s Carnaval is celebrated throughout the town in August and April. During the celebration dances, bullfights, and many festivities are held.
- Departure at 11:00 hrs at your hotel.
- Arrival at Santa Elena 12:40 approx.
- Will visit for 2 hours Santa Elena.
- Will visit for 2 hours Ticul
- Will visit with a specialized bilingual guide.
- Then, you will go to restaurants with typical food, (meals are included)
will visit for 1:00 hours Muna
- Round trip transportation from your hotel.
Arrive at Merida City at 20:00 Hrs approximately.
This itinerary is approximate
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Infant meals not included.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Take comfortable clothes.
- Driver / Bilingual Certified Guide (English – Spanish).
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Entrance fees.
Departure at 11:00 hrs approximately from your hotel. Please wait in the lobby 10 minutes before that the hour of pick up indicated. The guide will call you by your first and last name upon arrival at the hotel lobby, he will ask you to show the coupon, he will reconfirm the destination to visit and includes of the tour.