The pre-Hispanic city of Chichen Itza was the most prominent capital of the Mayan area at the end of the Classic period and the beginning of the Postclassic period.
Chichén Itzá, Cenote Ikkil, Izamal Unforgettable Experiences
- Adults Ages 3+
- Infants Ages 0-2
One of the 7 New Wonders of the Modern World
Chichen Itza (Maya: Boca-pozo) is one of the main archaeological sites of the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. It is located in the municipality of Tinum, in the state of Yucatan. It consisted of a city or ceremonial center, which crossed different times and constructive influences of the different peoples that occupied it and promoted it since its foundation. An important and recognized vestige of the Mayan civilization, the main buildings that remain there correspond to the period called Late classic or Early Postclassic (800-1100 A.D.)
The many monumental buildings of the esplanade of Chichen Itza are presided over by the Pyramid of Kukulcán, called by many “The Castle”, one of the paradigmatic buildings of Mayan architecture. It is a four-sided pyramid culminating in a rectangular temple. It sits on a rectangular platform 55.5 meters wide and has a height of 24 meters. Each side of the pyramid has a large staircase, 91 steps per side and 1 more leading to the upper temple, giving 365 steps, one per day of the year.
Izamal was one of the important sites of the Mayan civilization. A large settlement in the northern plains of the Yucatan Peninsula. The size of its buildings and the network of sacbés roads (white road built in Mayan antiquity) are evidence of the religious, political and economic power that this city had over the vast territory of the Mayab.
- 09:00 hrs: Departure to your hotel.
- 11:30 hrs. Arrival at the archaeological site. The guide will purchase tickets for all groups (not included).
- We will visit for 2 hours with free time.
- 13:30 hrs: visit to the cenote Ik’kil.
- 14:30 hrs. Buffet lunch with typical food. (Meals and drinks are not included).
- Access to bathrooms and dressing rooms in the facilities of the cenote.
- 15:45 hrs. When you return to Merida, you will visit Izamal, a magical UNESCO city, there you will visit the convent that, like the houses, has a yellow color.
- 18:00 hrs. Arrival in the city of Merida.
This itinerary is approximate.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Children’s meals not included.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Bilingual professional driver/guide (English – Spanish).
- Pick up and drop off and back to the hotel.
- Food and drinks.
Departure at approximately 9:00 hrs from your hotel. Please wait in the lobby 10 minutes before the indicated pick-up time. The guide will call you by first and last name when you arrive at the hotel lobby, ask you to show the coupon, reconfirm the destination you must visit and include the tour.